Whatever stage you are at in your Strategic Supplier Relationship lifecycle, our training programmes are designed to address your specific capability building needs. While based on the firm foundations of our OPTIMISE methodology, all training courses are bespoke – designed to meet your specific project/supplier relationship needs to ensure you have the necessary skills, understanding and techniques to secure win-win outcomes.
Training & Capability Building
Training – What we deliver
- Effective training, coaching and capability building delivered by expert practitioners and built on the experience and evidence of 21 years and 500+ strategic supplier relationships
- We train our clients in what works well, how it works, what doesn’t work and why, and common pitfalls to avoid
- Bespoke training that is relevant to all attendees, tailored to your particular strategic partnership needs
- Coaching to help embed learning in the real work environment
How you will benefit from training
- Achieve your required business outcomes
- Improve internal capability and reduce the need for consultants
- Drive enabling behaviours required for successful, collaborative strategic partnerships and complex projects
- Assure supplier accountability for ongoing fitness-for-purpose of solution/service, a fair balance of risk and clear roles and responsibilities.
Key Features of BPG Training & Capability Building Services
Example Training Courses
- Negotiation Training
- Defining Clear Requirements
- Building Flexible Contracts
- Running Competitive Dialogue Successfully
- Understanding your Suppliers Expert Responsibilities and Duty To Warn
- Strategic Supplier Relationship & Contract Management
- Building an Intelligent Client Function
- How to Outsource Services
- How to Prepare for Exit & Transition
Principles Underpinning BPG Training Development and Delivery
- Built on BPG’s Optimise Methodology
- Relevant – tailored to your needs & your particular strategic partnership
- Evidence based – supported by case study examples and lessons learned
- Delivered by expert practitioners
- Applied and tested while the learning is still fresh.
The Optimise Methodology
BPG is often called in when things have gone wrong. From our experience of 21 years and 500+ client projects, we designed the OPTIMISE methodology, which significantly reduces the inherent risks, timeframes and costs within major projects/strategic supplier relationships. This methodology provides the foundations for all our training programmes.
Our end-to-end training delivery approach follows four stages: Discover (Learn), Design (Adapt), Deliver (Pilot/Test), Measure (Review). This aligns with industry-recognised models such as ADDIE, but also provides a reshaping cycle Learn, Adapt, Test, Review.
Wherever possible, we use real-life examples from your projects/contracts in progress to ensure training is highly relevant and to help attendees apply their learning in a meaningful way to scenarios they are familiar with and put their learning into practice straight away.
Understanding your requirements
First, we will discuss with you your requirements and undertake a Discovery exercise to understand the context around your project/supplier relationship and the training needs you have identified.
Baselining your current capability
To ensure that the training is relevant and pitched at the right level, we will work with you to assess current the knowledge/skills/experience levels of those who will attend the training through a Capability Survey. This will also provide a baseline against which levels of achievement and measurement of the impact of the training can be assessed.
Innovative Approach – Bespoke Training
Generic, theory-based training programmes often do not translate well into practical application on the job. Our approach is different. Each element of your requirements will have a distinct training module, aligning learning objectives with your desired outcomes.
Ongoing Quality Assurance
Depending on the scale and specification of your requirements, we can deliver a pilot course, involving senior stakeholders, to test/refine the training to ensure fitness-for-purpose. When the training is to be delivered multiple times, we will continue this ‘learn/adapt’ re-shaping process to ensure maximum benefit is being delivered.
Effective Skills Development
We understand that skills development is most effective when delivered as an ongoing support mechanism so we work with our clients to agree preferred approaches that will secure best outcomes. Qualified in the ROI Institute’s methodology for knowledge transfer, we structure our training to ensure it:
- Meets the needs of the client
- Provides an enriching experience for employees
- Is delivered in relevant and practical settings
- Can be put into practice, tested and consolidated while the learning is still fresh.
Coaching for Capability Building
Training is most effective when it can be applied in the live work environment. We can provide coaching support, built into your package or agreed separately, to support your teams in implementing their new knowledge and skills into their day-to-day work.
Following the successful delivery of the training (and on-the-job coaching) we will repeat the Capability Survey to assess the resulting uplift in knowledge and skills.
The BPG ‘Optimise’ method forms the backbone of our Training Programmes
Evidenced by over 500 complex relationships, it can be implemented quickly to improve service innovation and drive down BAU costs
Share Great Practice
Experience of over 500 complex supplier relationships, means we can share great practice with you that really works.
Drive maximum value
Training & Capability Building helps support the 10 key behaviours that drive maximum value in complex supplier relationships.
A brilliant project outcome
This is part of the ‘Optimise’ process; a proven method assuring a brilliant project outcome and an excellent supplier relationship.
5 steps to a great new relationship
See the 5 steps to making sure new complex supplier relationships work really well.
Clients that we support
Most of our clients are already highly experienced in complex supplier relationships. Click here to see how we help them take complex supplier relationships to the next level.