We’ve dealt with optimising over 500 complex supplier relationships. More than 50% of complex supplier relationships experience misunderstandings between client and supplier over your requirements and expectations.
If the right foundations are not in place to drive maximum value, you may experience:
- Additional charges and costs for ‘misunderstood expectations’
- A lack of understanding of contractual roles and responsibilities
- Governance and performance escalation not clearly delineated
- Senior client executives not being clear on their expectations and dynamics of the relationship
- Not enough investment by senior executives in the resourcing or skills of the client supplier management team
- Loss of key in-house expertise to the supplier (inadvertent staff poaching)
- Employee resistance to new working methods from the supplier
- Clashes of culture between client and supplier staff and so forth.